CS 101 — The Computing Age
Course Calendar Syllabus CS for All [our textbook] Piazza [our discussion forum] Socrative [our poll/quiz tool] Web Gallery
- Assignment one - due 2013-09-19 5:00p
- Assignment two - due 2013-09-26 5:00p
- Assignment three - due 2013-10-03 5:00p
- Assignment four - due 2013-10-10 5:00p
- Assignment five - due 2013-10-18 5:00p
- Assignment six - due 2013-10-31 5:00p
- Assignment seven - due 2013-11-07 5:00p
- Assignment eight - due 2013-11-17 11:59p
- Assignment nine - due 2013-11-22, in class, and 2013-12-06 in class
In class examples
- 2013-12-02 example - sorting
- 2013-11-15 example - bouncing ball
- Robots and Zombies
- 2013-11-11 example - cards
- 2013-11-06 example - images
- 2013-11-04 example - loops
- 2013-10-09 example - fractals
- 2013-10-07 example - recursion
- 2013-10-02 example - recursion
- 2013-09-20 example - conditional statements
- 2013-09-20 example - functions
- 2013-09-20 example - input, output, and comments
- 2013-09-18 transcript - variables and strings
Other good stuff
- Logisim is a logic simulator we will be using for some assignments.
- Python is the language we will be using for this class (specifically, Python 2.7.5). There is a bunch of documentation here.
- This is the environment that we will be using for working with Python.
- The installer I recommend for those who are working on Windows.
- A tool we will be using later in the semester.
- Think Python
- A free introductory text on Python that is pretty good.
- Dive Into Python
- Another free introductory text about Python. This one gets more into the more heavily used libraries that we won't have time to discuss in class.
- MiddFiles reference
- Middfiles is the main file server for the campus. You will need to figure out how to connect to this from the lab and possibly your own machines to turn in your work.
Last modified: Sun Dec 08 16:27:44 EST 2013