CS 467 - Resources
- p5.js Editor
- In browser editor for p5.js
- p5.js reference
- A direct link to the list of all of the functions available in p5.js
- The Nature of Code
- A book all about modeling the natural world using Processing. Note that it does not use p5.js for its examples, but it is otherwise a great resource
- Steering Behaviors for Autonomous Characters
- An older paper by Craig Reynolds describing a number of different steering behaviors for autonomous agents.
- Metaballs and Marching Squares
- This is a nice discussion of how to implement marching squares to get isocontours around your metaballs.
- Form+Code website
- The site has code for some of their examples. However, more interestingly, it has a bibliography and a collection of links to artists and tools.
- A nice site for getting quick overviews of artists and art movements.
- Zach Lieberman
- You read about Zach's work in the two articles about his daily sketches. He continues to post new work all of the time.
- A blog from Paul Prudence about natural processes and procedural art.
- Art from Code
- A collection of experiments and sketches. Trying to duplicate some of these would be a good challenge.
- Karl Sims
- Karl Sims is one of the first of the evolutionary art artists.
- Jon McCormack