Goals for this Assignment
- (Class goal) Design a speculative app that engages with issues of participation and justice in technology.
For this assignment, you will be creating a speculative app. This is an app that is likely technologically/socially/monetarily infeasible to create, but which imagines or promotes a world in which power structures are subverted or removed, or justice and fairness is achieved.
To create the app prototype, you should use the same tool as your first app prototype.
The parts of this assignment are:
- Brainstorming ideas in class
- Speculative App Proposal: short written description of the concept
- Speculative App Demo: present your app demo in class
- Provide feedback in class to other students on their apps and get feedback on your own app
- In your reflection, comment on peers' apps that you found particularly meaningful or insightful
- Revise your app based on feedback